Understanding Conversations & Credits Pricing
WhatsApp pricing model is based on conversations, so instead of being charged for notifications sent, businesses pay per conversation, which includes all messages interchanged within a 24-hour period.
There are two types of conversations on the WhatsApp Business API, each with different rates:
- User-initiated: A conversation that initiates in response to a user message. Any time a business replies to a user within the 24-hour customer service window, that message will be associated with a user-initiated conversation.
- Business-initiated: A conversation that initiates from a business sending a user a message outside the 24-hour customer service window.
The conversation starts when the first business message in a conversation is delivered. However, the conversation type will be defined once a message has been sent by the business.
All conversations are measured in fixed 24-hour sessions. A conversation starts when the first business message in a conversation is delivered, either initiated by the business or in reply to a user message. Businesses and users can exchange any number of messages, including template messages, within a 24 hour conversation session without incurring additional charges. Each 24 hour conversation session results in a single charge.
Important points to remember:
1. Charges for conversations are based on the user’s country code.
2. The charges will be different, depending on who initiated the conversation. (the business or the end-user). Check rate charts below.
Is anything free? Yes!
Free Tier Conversations
The first 1,000 conversations (per WABA) each month will be free, so the charges will only start on conversation number 1001. Free tier conversations can be business-initiated or user-initiated.
Free Entry Points Conversations
Conversations will not be charged when users message businesses using call-to-actions buttons on Ads that click to WhatsApp or a Facebook Page CTA. Free entry point conversations can only be user-initiated. Only the first conversation that starts from the entry point is free of charge. Subsequent conversations with the user are charged.
Standard pricing will apply for Ads that Click to WhatsApp. The conversation that initiates from the ad is free, but not the ad itself.
Where can I see my prepaid conversation credits
Path to WhatsApp credits : https://app.nextel.io/settings/credits
Nextel -> Setting -> App setting -> Credits
You can drag the bar and click on <add credit> to add more credits to your account.
The count of business-initiated, user-initiated and referal (free) conversation each month can be seen in the report. Total and chargeable conversations of each month can be tracked through the report.
Conversation start to charge once they exceed the free 1000 quantity every month
How should businesses get the most out of the new pricing model?
Well, it depends upon a business’s use case for WhatsApp Business.
1. If you are into customer support, try to resolve queries as soon as possible. You can use Nextel’s Multi-Agent Dashboard For WhatsApp to manage your customer support efficiently. If your support team has limited work hours, consider building a WhatsApp Chatbot that’ll help in solving basic support queries on WhatsApp.
2. If you are putting your marketing Efforts via WhatsApp Business, now it’s time to revamp your notification strategy. You need to focus on how you can provide more value to the users in the least number of notifications possible. Also, you need to avoid Daily notifications as it may very well result in a permanent ban for misusing WhatsApp Business Account.
In the end, it all comes to the end user’s experience with your WhatsApp Business account. If that’s your priority, you’ll not be much bothered with the new pricing model.
If you want to learn how you can leverage WhatsApp Business API for your business, Hit the button to book a demo with our experts.